Skip to content
FAQ Customized press-on nails
- What are Customized press-on nails?
- These sets are made for each customer individually. You will need to measure your nails and fill in an order form to proceed with your order. There is a small risk that nails will not match perfectly due to measuring errors, we do not take responsibility in that case. However, press-on nails can be easily filed to get the perfect match.
- When should I use press-on nails?
- Press-on nails are great for someone who can not wear long or painted nails every day, but would love to wear them for a weekend or special occasion. You can keep few sets with your other accessories to match your outfits.
- How many nails will I receive in the set?
- You will receive 10 nails.
- What else is included in the kit?
- The kit includes a sheet of 24 nail adhesive tabs, glue, buffer, nail file, alcohol pad, orange stick.
- What's the difference between Customized press-on nails and Ready to ship ones?
- Customized press-on nails are made individually for each client, you can modify shape, colour, length and design. You will need to measure your nails and fill in the order form when ordering Customized press-on nails. Ready to ship nails are purchased as they are, however, there are different variants available at the check out and you can choose the colour on this page https://puertobanusnailbar.ie/gel-polish-colours-at-puerto-banus-nail-bar/. Customized nails are made using high quality gel tips, Ready to ship nails are made using lesser quality ABS plastic tips, therefore Customized nails are more costly.
- What is the difference between your Customized press-on nails and the ones I can buy in the chemist or other shops?
- We use tips made from soak off gel, a variation of the gel used to build nail extensions in the nail salons. The tips are painted and designed by highly qualified and experienced nail technicians using highest quality gel polish by brands such as OPI, Shellac, Halo, Emi and others. Our press-on nails are sturdy and strong, they provide a look and feel of gel nail extensions.
- Are they reusable?
Yes, if you apply it with care using nail adhesive tabs or a tiny amount of glue, and if you remove it carefully by soaking your hands in warm soapy water.
- How long do they last?
- We like to call them Weekend nails, ideally they should be used for a short period of time, then removed carefully, cleaned and stored to use it again. If you use nail adhesive tabs it should last 2-3 days; 3-5 days if you use small amount of glue provided in the kit; 2-3 weeks if you fully cover the nail bed with professional glue, which can be purchased on our store. We do not include professional glue in the kit as it should be used by experienced users only.
- How long will it take to receive my set?
- Depending on the design you choose, it can take 2-3 working days to create your set. We offer standard or express (next working day) shipping options. We also offer click and collect service at our nail salon in Cork.
- Can I make any changes to the sets available on your website when ordering Customized press-on nails?
- Yes. Choose the set that mostly resembles what you had in mind, provide us with as many details as you can. To choose the colour follow the link https://puertobanusnailbar.ie/gel-polish-colours-at-puerto-banus-nail-bar/ if you have any queries don't hesitate to drop us an email email@example.com
- Will press-on nails damage my nails?
- No, if you remove them with care, never pull them off! We recommend applying nail strengthener when using glue method of application ( not included in the kit).
- How do I apply press-on nails?
- Push back cuticles, shorten and buff your natural nails, clean with alcohol wipe. Select your size press-on nails, you can file sides and cuticle area for the prefect fit. Clean the undersides of press-on nails with alcohol wipe. Two methods of application: a) Peel off nail adhesive tab from the sheet, while leaving the top plastic film on, place it on the matching size nail and press firmly for 10s, remove the top film off the nail tab and firmly press the press-on nails for another 15s. b) Apply nail strengthener ( optional, needs to be purchased separately), put a drop of glue in the center of the nail bed, apply press-on nails by firmly pressing it on your natural nails, hold for 10s. Watch the video
- How do I take off press-on nails?
- When press-on nails start to feel loose, put oil around the edges and soak your hands in warm soapy water for about an hour. It takes time, so it is best to soak one hand a time while watching TV, reading or doing something else! When press-on nails are off, make sure to remove any adhesive residue from the inner surface of the nails so that you can reuse them again a few times.